Does Marijuana Cause Lung Cancer?
On a puff-by-puff basis, cannabis smoke deposits four times more tar in the lungs than tobacco, but does this translate into increased cancer risk?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Stay tuned for Can Cannabis Cure Cancer? (http://bit.ly/cancer_cannabis) next, but I have a whole treasure chest of cannabis videos that are going to be dribbling every month or so until the end of 2019. If you want to see them all now, I put them all in a digital DVD (http://bit.ly/cannabis-what-does-the-science-say-digital).
Here’s the ones that are up so far:
• The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://bit.ly/The-Institute-of-Medicine-Report-on-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana)
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://bit.ly/Researching-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana)
• Is Marijuana Addictive? (http://bit.ly/Is-Marijuana-Addictive)
• Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (http://bit.ly/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Health-Problems)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens? (http://bit.ly/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Teens)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults? (http://bit.ly/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Adults)
• Will Cannabis Turn into Big Tobacco? (http://bit.ly/will-cannabis-turn-into-big-tobacco)
• Marijuana Legalization and the Opioid Epidemic (http://bit.ly/Marijuana-Legalization-and-the-Opioid-Epidemic)
• Effects of Smoking Marijuana on the Lungs (http://bit.ly/effects-of-smoking-marijuana-on-the-lungs)
• Smoking Marijuana vs. Using a Cannabis Vaporizer (http://bit.ly/Smoking-Marijuana-vs-Using-a-Cannabis-Vaporizer)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://bit.ly/does-marijuana-cause-lung-cancer and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://bit.ly/does-marijuana-cause-lung-cancer. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/